Need receiver help fast

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jason Garver, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Jason Garver

Jason Garver Stunt Coordinator

Dec 9, 2003
    Here is my dilema, I currently have the sale pending of my old Sony 5.1 setup. However I cannot complete the sale until I have a new receiver in hand.

I was trying to decide between the Denon AVR3803 and the Harman Kardon AVR630. My new speakers are Athena AS-F2s, AS-C, and AS-B2s. I need something that will pair well with them. The main use will be DVDs and standard cds, however I may at some point get into DVD-A or SACD.

I know nothing about the Denon other than what I have read on this forum. I cannot find somewhere local to demo either unit. The HK looks great, but I am VERY worried about the audio dropout when switching digital sources. Do all their units do this? Does the Denon have a problem with this?

If I spend a little more and upgrade to the AVR7200 will I have a problem?

Any help would be appreciated, I would like to order the new unit soon, so I can get rid of my old stuff. Thanks
  2. peter m. wilson

peter m. wilson Stunt Coordinator

Oct 25, 2002
    When you don't have an opportunity to audition the equipment it makes the decision much tougher.

If you go to you will find a feature list as well as opinions on may of todays revievers.

I'm a Denon owner 5800/03. When you get into the flagship area of recievers they are all going to make you happy.

Peter m.