What's new

Need rear speaker stand ideas for jbl s-38 (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
I need to find some cheap, stands for my s-38's. These will be for surround use so I assume I would need pretty tall stands. I dont care what they look like as long as they do the job for cheap. I assume that I want taller stands since they are for surround but how tall I dont know. My room is 23x10 and I was planning on putting my surrounds facing each other on the side walls just behind the couch (as in the dolby labs diagram). Any thoughts on some CHEAP solutions?

Hank_P

Second Unit
If you are looking for cheap, and looking to have them "face each other on the side walls"... why not just build a shelf. Or go to Lowes/Home Depot and purchase a shelf unit for $9 each and reinforce it? This seams to be the easiest/quickest way.

I have some S38's on stands I built myself in my bedroom. I used oak, but could have used pine. I used two boards as my verticle supports (about 6" apart) and used some 1x8 as the base and top.. and looks great, and is somewhat sturdy. The S38 are big, so it is top heavy... but it doesn't vibrate off, nor does it want to tip one way or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks