1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

need quick athena advice

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Ed Kerns, May 4, 2005.

1. Ed Kerns

Ed Kerns Agent

As you may know, Best Buy has cleared out most of the old Athena line of loud speakers. I've always liked the sound of the F-1's, but was kind of on the fence between buying now or waiting and saving up for a better speaker. This close-out has kind of forced my hand, and I wound up buying a couple of F-1's for $99 ea.. I figure it's hard to go too far wrong at that price. The question is, do I try to snap up a set of surrounds and a center now or wait for the new line. I'm not really in a money spending mood (2 kids in college will do that to you) but if this is opportunity knocking, I don't want to miss out. My other question is, what's my best bet for the auxiliary speakers? I know they have the center, some dipoles and some bookshelves (B-1?) still available. I have a def tech sub that is still kicking. Thanks[​IMG] !

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Buy them now if you like the cosmetics otherwise you may regret it.

I just bought my second pair of F2s for thesame reason...too good a deal to pass up.

Brent

3. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

Get the C1 and B1's for surrounds now while you can cheaply. Price is down to $90 for the C1 or a pair of B1's. The new models are cosmetically different but similar sounding so they say, but no way you'll get prices that low when they debut.

For $180 you'll get 3 speakers, the C1 version 2 will cost that much by itself. It's a no brainer.