Need quick answer, simple question!

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by ChrisLazarko, Jan 9, 2004.

1. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

Hi. I currently have wood walls which send alot of the bass effects through it, which basically makes the the rest of the house have a rumble (a sort of low pitched freq.) which is very annoying, especially in the kitchen. Now, I have a couch and a recliner both somewhat close to each other, if I am to seperate them a little and fit my subwoofer in there would it be annoying the person closest to it?

Also, there is not much I can do to fix the current position it is in which is why I am curious. Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

Subwoofer is also a Polk PSW250.

2. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

Not likely.

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

It could be annoying but then maybe not Chris. The only way to find out is by trying it out. I have a position between our couch and love-seat that works very well for smaller subs. It will depend on the room. It's worth a try. Good luck!

4. ChrisLazarko

Thank you for the propt answers. I guess i'll post back in about an hour and let you know how it went.

5. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

You might also try firing the driver right into the couch or recliner. This can and will give you more feeling. Might be worth it as long as it doesn't hurt the sound or become annoying, like you say.

6. ChrisLazarko

Well I moved it to the position I wanted, tried firing it into the couch and didn't find it as good as just firing it away from the wall, not to mention the dual rear-ports seem to add a nice little bass effect behind my head. Also, with the subwoofer placed like this I found a little bit more surround action that I could now here suprisingly, i'm not sure why though.

Either way it sounds much better now, and i'm also not forced to crank the volume anymore, or rattle the walls which is really annoying.

Thanks guys.

7. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

All's well that ends well.[​IMG] Thanks for the update and it's interesting to hear how things works out.