1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Need purchase suggestions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Quin, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Kevin Quin

Kevin Quin Auditioning

Hi all.

I need suggestions on a decent larger (36+) tv. Price range is

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Welcome to the forum Kevin, you should check out the new Sony 40" XBR. It is a tube so you shouldn't have to worry about burn in and presents quite the beautiful picture. I was looking at one today and it was $5999 CAD so I'm sure that it would be much less than your $5000 limit in the states. The only thing is that it's a 4:3 set but other than that it has every bell and whistle you could want.

I have also read that if you have an RPTV properly calibrated and don't play games with static images in marathon time spans, you shouldn't have a big problem with burn in anyway. I'm sure that more knowledgeble opinions with be coming soon.

3. Kevin Quin

Kevin Quin Auditioning

Thanks Richard.
    I checked it out and it does look like a nice set. Sony lists it at a MSRP of $3699 USD on their website. Can anyone who has one of these sets (Sony KV-40XBR700 40" FD Trinitron® XBR® WEGA® TV for those who don't want to read back in the thread [​IMG] ) comment on their performance? Any alternate set suggestions are also appreciated.