1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need purchase suggestions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Quin, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Kevin Quin

Kevin Quin Auditioning

Hi all.

I need suggestions on a decent larger (36+) tv. Price range is

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Welcome to the forum Kevin, you should check out the new Sony 40" XBR. It is a tube so you shouldn't have to worry about burn in and presents quite the beautiful picture. I was looking at one today and it was $5999 CAD so I'm sure that it would be much less than your $5000 limit in the states. The only thing is that it's a 4:3 set but other than that it has every bell and whistle you could want.

I have also read that if you have an RPTV properly calibrated and don't play games with static images in marathon time spans, you shouldn't have a big problem with burn in anyway. I'm sure that more knowledgeble opinions with be coming soon.

3. Kevin Quin

Kevin Quin Auditioning

Thanks Richard.
    I checked it out and it does look like a nice set. Sony lists it at a MSRP of $3699 USD on their website. Can anyone who has one of these sets (Sony KV-40XBR700 40" FD Trinitron® XBR® WEGA® TV for those who don't want to read back in the thread [​IMG] ) comment on their performance? Any alternate set suggestions are also appreciated.