1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Progressive Scan DVD Player Recommendation

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by DonM, Feb 28, 2004.

1. DonM

DonM Agent

I just bought myself a new Mitsubishi HD65713 RPTV. I find myself using my old Toshiba SD-1200 DVD player without progressive scan. While it served me well it's time to upgrade the Toshiba player. It has been suggested to me to get a Denon DVD-910 or a Panasonic DVD-XP30. Is there any other recommendations out there in the bang for the buck category with good video performance that I should consider. I will be using this strictly for DVD movies playback. The Panasonic RP82 is highly rated but you can't get it anymore.

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Don,

Those 2 models use the Faroudja de-interlacing chip which is the best with video based material and a very few "problem" film-based dvds. The RP-82 and the Panny CP-72 were cheap players with the Faroudja chip, but nobody makes one with that chip for much under $300 any more.

If you don't watch much video based stuff and don't mind occasionally having to manually turn the pulldown control to "film" you can get a JVC for less than half that price.