Need pricing help - what's the max I should be paying for a new Anthem AVM-20?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DanielG, Dec 19, 2003.

1. DanielG

DanielG Agent

At this point, I'm planning on purchasing an Anthem AVM-20 v2.1. Given its popularity among participants here, I thought I'd check in and see what would constitute a good price for it given the current list of $3400.

Given that I'd like to have an effective warranty, I'm planning on purchasing it new from an authorized dealer. I imagine that on the gray market it may be a good bit cheaper.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

Dan,

You might want to check the following statement from Anthem on Audiogon's web site:

http://www.audiogon.com/samp/anthem

I love our AVM-20, but it is a fickle beast sometimes for some owners. I like the peace of mind in having the AVM-20's 5 year warranty intact just in case.

Hopefully, someone can give you some suggestions for a good price for the AVM-20 depending on where you live (knowing that might help someone give you a lead). I live in the San Jose, San Francisco Bay Area, and anything more than 10% off the AVM-20 would be a miracle to me.

Michael

3. JimmyK

JimmyK Second Unit

Jim
    I purchased my AVM20 early this year from an authorized dealer (about 20 miles from my house) for $2899.00. This was on the condition that I pay by cash or check.

The lowest quote I got from an authorized dealer was $2850. Again, this was the cash price. But this was from a dealer that was about 90 miles from my house, so I went with the closer dealer even though it was a little more expensive.

Like you, I did not want to purchase my AVM20 from an unauthorized dealer.

Based on my experience with my AVM20, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

JimmyK

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I just got 15% off for an MCA-50 from an authorized dealer. But you have to push a little. [​IMG]

5. DanielG

DanielG Agent

Thanks for the feedback. So far my best price is $3000 but that was offered up without negotiation so perhaps it might be possible to trim a slight bit more..... I'll have to see.

6. JimmyK

JimmyK Second Unit

Jim

That was also the best price I was initially given until I said I would pay cash. The dealer said he was able to offer a lower price for cash since he wouldn't have to pay a percentage of the sale to a credit card company.

Hope this helps.

JimmyK