What's new

Need pre-amplifier suggestion to compliment my system... (1 Viewer)

JohMabe

Stunt Coordinator
Just bought the Mccormack DNA 0.5, after ALOT of research. Thank you all who helped me choose.
Anyway, my second step on the upgrade now will be to buy a pre-amplifier. I have some cheap options available, but I want something that will make me satisfied for years to come, so research, again is necessary.

My "easy" options are:

Mccormack TLC-1 ($500) - Same brand, some say it'd be a good match, some say it's passive and has got no personality. I heard it myself and liked it, but no pre-outs, meaning I'd not be able to plug my Rel Strata II subwoofer in it. No remote either.

Carver C-4000 ($200) - Legendary choice, don't know much about it, except it's a classic.

QED Vector Reference ($600) - Another passive unit, at least this one gives me a remote.

Basically I need something that will make my sound better, or at least not change it. And then some pre-outs would be good, Remote is a plus only. Price tag can't surpass $900, and territorial limitations should be respected, as I live in Brazil and cannot get certain brands.

Any of you has a suggestion?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks