What's new

Need Porfesional Asistance Home Theater please (1 Viewer)

RonaldMc

Agent
Hello my name is Ronald i am planning on building a home theater for watchign Dvd's and ocacionally plying my xbox in there. I have a room that is 16x16 feet and im capable of having the room completely dark, i was planning on using an Optoma h76 projector model with Bose speakers and a Stewart screen what type of Amplificator and screen. ( not shure if stewart model are teh best option for viewing frontaly only)I would like profesional opinion on this issue.

Thanks,

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hi there again, Ronald:

When asking about specific advice on assembling a complete system, please post in A/V Sources. As I mentioned in response to your other post, the Home Theater Builder section is devoted to discussing that magazine's stories and reviews with the staff.

Also, you will find in the responses to come something of a hostile attitude toward products released by Bose. The company and its speakers are held in ill regard here.

RonaldMc

Agent
Thanks Jack im new here just registered and am lost :) tought this was the right section sorry

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Ronald, if we're going to talk about speakers, let's do it in your other thread, which I've moved to the Speakers/Subs section. Several people are answering in it already. Bose is a triumph of marketing (and product mark-up) over technology. Stick with proven audiophile-quality speaker manufacturers.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
If you're going with a dedicated theatre, I'd go to a dealer and get professional advice. And they will install everything professionally for you too, so that it's up to code, etc etc.

Also, your local dealer will have plenty of professional advice on what can be done with your room.

To make the best decision possible, I'd do some background reading. Get a cup of coffee or a beer or whatever, and spend a few hours with the forums, reading old threads. If you are on par with the dealer's knowledge, and he doesn't have to explain everything to you, things will go much moe smoothly, and you'll be able to voice what you want to the designers more adequately.

No custom installers expect you to plunk down a credit card the first time you walk in, but if you act professionally, and show some genuine interest (and background knowledge) in what you want to achieve, then you'll be off to a great start.

Users who are viewing this thread