What's new

Need polystyrene pellets (Foam peanuts or bean bag filling) (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I want to make my own oversized beanbag chairs (commercial cloth units go for $140 each- I can make the shells for $20).

I need to find a cheap source for the polystyrene foam balls that go inside. I figured it's like anything else, if you buy it as "Bean bag refill" it costs $5 per cubic foot-- but if you buy is as an industrial product or from some less formal source- it's probably less than half that.

So I wondered if you guys had any suggestions on a place I might be able to find some (or something similar) cheap.

-V

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
I'd hit one of the local MailBox shops and ask where they get their peanuts from. Often times they'll have a catalog or local source you can contact, or go in on an order with you.

T

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Thom,
Good advice- although I'm concerned the peanuts will not have the same feel as small pellets- maybe I could chip them up somehow.
Any kind soul have a few garbage bags of foam peanuts they want to donate to a poor lowly HTF moderator.
:)
Vince

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Vince, I don't know of any company in particular in your area but grab the Yellow Pages and take a look under Shipping Supply Retailers or Wholesalers. They'll have the cheapest sources for what your looking for.

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks