Need Plans For a Basement Bar

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Robert McLay, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Robert McLay

Robert McLay Stunt Coordinator

Robert
    As the title describes, I am looking to build a bar in the basement of my new home. I was wondering if there is any good places to get DIY bar designs, that I can look at before having to cough up the money. I have been searching through google for hours and thought that maybe my friends here at the HTF would have a few ideas, since most seem to be doing the home theater if the basement, with possibly a bar outside of the theaer.

Thanks,

Rob

2. Mark Romero

Mark Romero Second Unit

3. Robert McLay

Robert
    Yeah I did see that one, but it only seemed to be those two style and I am not sure I could use them. I almost need it to be a half of an octagon. Although, if that is the best I can get then I will contact them. Thanks for checking.

Rob

4. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

The best ones I've seen have had big overhangs with lighting underneath, to kind of give the room that ambient lighting feel.

Maybe some pictures of the room you're putting it in (along with the accompanying furniture that will be in the room) would help.

If you're going to use it a fair amount, consider starting to scan the papers for kegorators/special fridges now. I know that Home Depot has a a predone wine fridge that would work well.

5. Robert McLay

Robert
    Yeah I have seen the one from Home Depot, and I thought about that. I can't really give a good picture of the area because the house is still being built. Hopefully it will be done by the end of april, so maybe I'll just bide my time until then. But if anyone has any good ideas, or sites, please let me know.

Thanks,

Rob