What's new

Need people to test an interactive classical music DVD-video I've made for my thesis (1 Viewer)

Seth--L

Screenwriter
For my senior thesis at Cornell University (so this is for educational purposes), I've argued that DVD-video can be used to present classical music in a more engaging, educational, and entertaining way than past and current forms of home media can. To do this, I've created a DVD centered around a performance of Stravinsky's Pulcinella Suite that includes such features as: commentary tracks, 45 minutes of documentaries, rehearsal footage (with optional commentary), surround sound audio, and extensive use of DVD's multi-angle capability (you can toggle between camera angles during playback).

I'm currently writing a paper on all of this, and I am looking to include user comments about the DVD. My analysis of this all would be much more interesting if I know what aspects of the DVD worked and didn't work.

I'm looking for people to go through the DVD (the suite is 24 minutes with optional commentary, there are 45 minutes worth of documentaries, and 35 minutes worth of rehearsal footage with optional commentary) and fill out a questionnaire. You don't have to listen/watch every minute of the DVD -- I want to know if there are parts that are boring and you thus skip -- but it would be helpful if you made an effort to watch a good bit of it.

If you are interested in watching the DVD and then commenting on it, please email your shipping address and I'll send you copy.

Thanks.

My Email: [email protected]

GrahamMc

Auditioning
Seth, received the discs a few days ago. I will (hopefully) watch them all the way through tomorrow and get the questionnaire back to you ASAP. So far, the part I have enjoyed the most is the footage from the rehearsal. Very interesting as a former music teacher! Good work!

Graham

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Graham,

Thanks for the update.

UPDATE:

Since this thread was bumped the other day, a number of people have emailed me volunteering their help. First, thank you all for your interest. Right now I have enough people testing the disc, so I really don't need any more help. However, if you would like to see the completed project, email me and I'll send you a disc sometime in early May.

Thanks,
-Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks