Need OTA HDTV tuner w/DVI w/o HDCP

Discussion in 'Displays' started by DanielGM, Jun 11, 2004.

1. DanielGM

DanielGM Stunt Coordinator

I want to use an OTA HDTV tuner to output a DVI signal into my computer monitor. I understand that while my monitor most likely won't display a 1080i signal, it should display 720p. (If there is any other input on this it would be appreciated). The monitor obviously is not equiped with HDCP however; is there a tuner that can output a non-HDCP encrypted DVI signal? (cheaper the better)

Also, can someone point me in the direction of where to choose the right antenna for receiving the most OTA channels, I live in Baltimore city on the first floor of a large apt. building.

Thanks in advance

2. Ryan FB

Ryan FB Second Unit

If you don't mind using a computer card to do this, the MyHD MDP-120 with DVI-D daughter card should do what you want, cost is around $350. You get the ability to record to your hard drive, and rescale 1080i so it displays properly to boot. [​IMG]

Alternately, a Fusion HDTV3 card might work as well, but keep in mind it uses a software decoder (unlike the hardware decoder on the MyHD) so you'd need a pretty beefy processor to keep up. It's only about $160.

3. DanielGM

DanielGM Stunt Coordinator

thanks for the offer Ryan, I would like a standalone component because I will also be using the tuner for other displays.