1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need opinions onto $1500 Sub/sat system

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Reza_A, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Reza_A

Reza_A Extra

Hi to everybody. First of all, I want to say what a GREAT forum. I am new to HT system and glad to join this forum.
    Now back to my problem. currently, I live in a small apartment about 20'x14'x8ft'
    For the receiver, I'll probably buy either Denon AVR 2801 or 2802. My budget is $1300 under just for speakers and sub. Are they any good towers as mains and bookshelf surround speakers for these budget? I don't really want to have a bookshelf speaker as my mains. In my opinion, it is better to have towers in the front or sub/sat all around. I prefer to have sub/sat sytem as I moved a lot and always live at small apartment. So any good sub/sat recommendation for my budget? I hear 80%HT 20%music
    thank you all

2. Tyson

Tyson Stunt Coordinator

My personal favorite is the nOrh 4.0 HT package for $850, pair them w/either a HSU VTF-2 sub or an Adire Audio Rava sub, and you have one dynamite system for around $1300. All of these are internet direct companies, and are proven to offer exceptional bang for the buck. I am sure some others will come along w/more suggestions for you soon. . . .
    www.norh.com www.adireaudio.com www.hsuresearch.com
    ------------------
    "Remember Sammy Jenkins"

3. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

Well,this is what i have and I love it...
    klipsch sf-2(towers) for the fronts,msrp..$650,i paid 500.they also make the sf-1,the sf-2 has dual 6 1/2 drivers and the horn tweeter,the sf-1 just has a single 6 1/2 driver.they msrp for $500
    klipsch sc-1(center) dual 5 1/4 drivers and the horn tweeter-$225
    Klipsch sb-1(rears,bookshelf)single 5 1/4 driver and horn tweeter($225 pair)
    svs 25-31 cs(sub) single 12" driver,powered by older yamaha dpl reciever.
    for your budget this setup(either the sf-1 or sf-2) would be hard to beat.Very excellent for movies,pretty decent for music
    ------------------

4. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

Chad's the man! , my sentiments exactly (whole lotta slam)
    Klipsch also does a ksw10 sub for @$325.00

5. Reza_A

Reza_A Extra

Thanks for the input. I'll do my research on klipsch speakers and nOrh HT package. How about another sub/sat recommendations? How good is the polk RM 7500? It has a pretty good review from audioreview.com

6. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Second the nOrh/Adire or nOrh/HSU recommendation. Perhaps even throw in a nOrh/Paradigm PW-2200 in there too.
    As for other suggestions:
    Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 package w/HSU VTF-2 sub. Goes for $1,100 from www.ascendacoustics.com.

7. Glenn Baumann

Glenn Baumann Stunt Coordinator