Need opinions on Sony STR-DE1075

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Hicks, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Stunt Coordinator

I just found out today that a family member ordered this for me as a gift. It will be an early Christmas gift(got it really cheap). I already own the STR-DE925 and was wondering is this a decent reciever? Will my 2-way remote work with this? Does anyone here own this? How is it? Sorry for all the questions but I was saving up to buy either the Denon or Onkyo but if this is decent I'll just use the money to pay off some bills for now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Chris Hicks

Anyone? Just a little help please.

3. Kris McLaughlin

Kris McLaughlin Stunt Coordinator

Chris,
    Sorry, this is kind of off your topic but you've piqued my curiosity. I have also have the DE925 and have a question for you.
    Does your 2-way remote w/ the LCD screen ever "double-click" buttons? That is to say that you press, for example, the TV Power button and it turns off then right back on?
    Mine has always done this and it drove me mad until I replaced the remote with an RM-VL900.
    Just curious if everyone else has this problem too.
    Thanks,
    ~Kris M

4. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

I know little of Sony receivers others that this particular series (DE) has a bad rep.
    www.audioreview.com might help you.
    --
    Holadem

5. Chris Hicks

Kris,
    I have never experienced that problem with mine and I've had it for around 2 yrs. or so. I actually really like the 2-way remote.

6. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

I had it for awhile,not a bad reciever by any means,but I think you might be better off with a Denon 2802 if you want true 6.1.If you cant afford it though the 1075 does matrix
    6.1 pretty well but wont do dtsES descrete.Hope this helps. Good Luck.