What's new

Need Opinions on recent Samsung Purchase (1 Viewer)

Lewis G

Auditioning
I would appreciate some opinions on the purchase of a Samsung HCL552W that I just acquired. Let me give some details first. I went to American TV and they had this Samsung TV on the floor. I said I would never buy a display model and then they told me that it was returned because the previous buyer burned in the screen and that the CRTs were just replaced. I was skeptical and made them show me the work order and true enough the CRTs were replaced and said they would give me the TV for 2030 dollars and throw in a 3 year performance warranty. I did check the serial number on the TV with the work order and they both matched. The only thing I was wondering about is that the TV has been on the display floor for two days with the contrast at 100 per cent(flame mode). My main concern is that will the tubes be worn unnnecesarily by being on flame mode these last two days. Thanks for any comment or opinions.

NathanS

Agent
I'd pass on that TV. Anyways, I've heard of people getting that set for $2000.00 new, and in the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks