Need opinions on if this room will work!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brandon_T, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

Let me explain. I currently have my equipment setup in my living room. The living room opens up to other rooms and has several acoustical problems with no room treatments really a viable option. My wife just said that I can have another room in the house to move my stuff to and do whatever I need to the room.
    The problem is that the room is small. The size of the room is about 11x11.5x9. I don't think in this room I could set up a effective 7.1 system. 5.1 Yes, but I don't think I could add anymore speakers. Also I want to add a projector and am concerned about being to close to it.
    Another concern is that my speakers are too big for the room. I have the Paradigm studio 100's powered by anthem stuff. The concern hear is that there is not enough space for the speakers to perform properly. I could really use some advice on what to do. I am not all that happy with the sound in my room right now, but don't want to make the change, then not be happy with that too!
    Thanks for the help
    Brandon [​IMG]

2. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

Anyone? Anyone?

3. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

C'mon, I know some of you home theater geniuses can help me out here!![​IMG]

4. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

Sheesh was it something I said? Maybe I can just keep this thread going by talking to myself

blah blah blah

5. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Ha, ha, Brandon. Don't be too disappointed too soon [​IMG].
    The real problem with this thread is (I think), that your question isn't as specific as it looks. What can we say? Yes, your "new" room seems a bit (too) small, and worse even: square. Yes, you have some problems using the living room. You didn't tell us exactly what you really want from your HT.
    But then, what are the options? The best solution, probably, if you do not have a larger room as a possible solution, would be staying in the living room. You didn't tell us if your loving wife wants you out of that with all the stuff [​IMG], or if it was yourself wanting to have better accoustics and a real HT.
    You could try to solve some of the accoustical problems you are having now, but it may involve some real changes to your living room, depending on the nature of those problems.
    If the two of you really want a HT (and there's MUCH to say in favour of that: most of the ugly equipment out of the living room, being able to enjoy movies without disturbing other person's activities elsewhere, generally much higher visual and audio quality, impressing your family and friends), you may look around in your house to find a slighly larger space.
    Cees