What's new

need opinions on floor plans (1 Viewer)

BrianKR

Second Unit
My demolition/removal is done and I am ready to rebuild. I am looking for opinions on whether or not I should add a bar or additional seating.
Sorry in advance for the crude pics/drawings.
floor plans

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Just one question first. Have you measured everything out for the seating? If everything is to scale then my personal preference is for the seating of 8. If you want to place a bar behind that then that is up to you. As long as there will be a need for one then go for it.

BrianKR

Second Unit
The 1st row of seating will be *roughly* 12' from a 106" screen.

I am not a drinker but I keep a stocked bar for friends and family. I figured the bar would be nice for kids to eat on and when my friends come over for sporting events or parties (our annual new years eve party).

So far our friends and family want me to add the bar.
Actual vote is 8 to 1, the 1 being my wife, but what does she know? :D

Demetrius

Agent
Those are two great options. I think the bar seems more versatile but it looks like any reclining on the second row may be lost with the bar option. I have a HT in construction and I didn't consider a bar but I actually have a back row with six reclining HT seats on a 5'6" riser (I wonder if I could add a small "bar table" for that last row?).

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I may be wrong but I am measuring roughly 2' depth for the theater chairs and leave room for reclining which sounds like it is not to scale so I'm thinking your rows may be closer than what you have drawn out. My theater is 24'x12' and there is no way I have room for a bar at the back or three rows of seating with the exception of the bean bags up front. You may want to draw it out on graph paper to scale first.

Wes

BrianKR

Second Unit
I drew everything to scale today.
3 rows of theater seats wont fit into the room.
If I want a 3rd row of seating I could go with regular movie chairs, they are only 24" deep.
A bar is not out of the question though. A counter top with an 18" depth and standard stools will fit.

I wont be ready to build the riser for a couple weeks so I still have plenty of time to plan it out.

Conrad Ebel

Agent
Depends on what you are doing with the room. If you are holding parties in the room, do the bar. My HT is for 100% DVDs and movie watching. Bars promote talking (especially by my mother-in-law) which are a no-no during movies at my place.

The I'd love to see it the first time a drink is spilled on someone trying to watch a movie! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks