need new speakers. fronts and center

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis Walsh, May 5, 2002.

1. Dennis Walsh

Dennis Walsh Auditioning

I've got a denon avr-3802 and just added a klipsch lf 10 subwoofer. My other speakers are old and I'd like to upgarade.

My center speaker is a bic venturi dv5clr. i don't know if that one is ok for now or if I should get a new one.

My fronts are jbl 2600 and 2 surrounds of jbl 2500.

I think I need fronts and probably center and maybe I could move my JBL fronts and surrounds back and make them surrounds and surround rears for now.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks

2. AaronMg

AaronMg Stunt Coordinator

How much $green$ are you willing to spend?

3. Dennis Walsh

Dennis Walsh Auditioning

Around $1000 give or take 3 0r 4 hundred.

4. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

Guess I'll throw out the first offering [​IMG]
    I would suggest auditioning some Klipsch Reference series speakers. I'm assuming you'll be doing a HT/music set-up and the horns seem to do a good job at both. I've also have a 3802 and use it to power 7 Klipsch Legends and it sounds awesome! OBVIOUSLY your ears will be the deciding factor, so be sure to listen to many speakers and bring your own CD's to hear your favorite music.
    You should have no problem moving the other speakers to the surrounds and back center channel. IMO the front 3 are the most critical, so I'd spend the bucks there....Mike