What's new

Need new, refurbed, or B-stock receiver for under $1000 (1 Viewer)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
that has PHONO inputs, and a RF AC-3 input for laser discs, as well as the usual veritable plethora of analog and digital inputs.

Does anyone still make such a beast? (other than Yamaha's RX-Z9)

Would like a refurbed Pioneer Elite VSX-47TX if anyone knows of a source.

BradJudy

Stunt Coordinator
RF AC-3 support is a pretty specific feature that really limits your options. What about getting an external RF AC-3 demodulator so that you can then get any receiver you want?

If you find that having a phono input limits your options, you can certainly go external with it - tons of options from $30 to megabucks.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Yeah, you're right, it does limit my options. I was just making sure that I wasn't overlooking a unit that would simplify things.

DougEW

Auditioning
Real Name
Doug White
I know you said you were disappointed with Yamaha's in another thread but I thought I would let you know I might have my my RX-V1 for sale. I've got it listed locally but haven't had any luck so I was thinking of going with ebay. If there is any interest or you have questions just ask.

Hope it is ok to post a message like this that isn't in the for sale section.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Appreciate the offer, Doug, but I'm a little gun shy of Yamaha at the moment. Their website is absolutely no help in finding anyone to fix their stuff. :frowning:

If I can ever get anyone on the phone to help me get the DSP-A1 repaired properly, I may think more highly of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks