Need new, refurbed, or B-stock receiver for under $1000

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Julian Reville, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

that has PHONO inputs, and a RF AC-3 input for laser discs, as well as the usual veritable plethora of analog and digital inputs.

Does anyone still make such a beast? (other than Yamaha's RX-Z9)

Would like a refurbed Pioneer Elite VSX-47TX if anyone knows of a source.

2. BradJudy

BradJudy Stunt Coordinator

RF AC-3 support is a pretty specific feature that really limits your options. What about getting an external RF AC-3 demodulator so that you can then get any receiver you want?

If you find that having a phono input limits your options, you can certainly go external with it - tons of options from $30 to megabucks.

3. Julian Reville

Yeah, you're right, it does limit my options. I was just making sure that I wasn't overlooking a unit that would simplify things.

4. DougEW

DougEW Auditioning

I know you said you were disappointed with Yamaha's in another thread but I thought I would let you know I might have my my RX-V1 for sale. I've got it listed locally but haven't had any luck so I was thinking of going with ebay. If there is any interest or you have questions just ask.

Hope it is ok to post a message like this that isn't in the for sale section.

5. Julian Reville

Appreciate the offer, Doug, but I'm a little gun shy of Yamaha at the moment. Their website is absolutely no help in finding anyone to fix their stuff. [​IMG]

If I can ever get anyone on the phone to help me get the DSP-A1 repaired properly, I may think more highly of them.