What's new

Need new reciever advice (1 Viewer)

David Kyser

Agent
I am in the market for a new reciever. I am replacing a very old Pioneer VSX-4400. This was like the first Home Theater reciever made, dolby surround no center channel. Anyway it has performed well for me, I am happy with the output (says 400watts on back.) It will remain in my system to drive my passive sub.

My speakers are as follows: Infinity SM-85 front (8") and SM center channel, the surrounds are home built zalytron focals (6.5" mabey 4 ohm.)

I am looking for a new reciever that can help with all my video sources: DVD, VCR, pioneer digital cable box, computer (DIVX), and Sega Dreamcast. Right now I feel like a switchboard operator when I want to change video sources.

Anyway I was looking at the H/K recievers: AVR 120, 220 and 320. My question is to give comparable power that I experienced with my old pioneer which would deliver the same or better wattage?

thankyou

Dave Kyser

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
There are alot of great reveivers out there so you've got your work cut out for you. I've got a Pioneer Elite VSX-37TX that I'm very happy with. Have you looked at Epinions.com yet? They have a bunch of with reviews from people who have purchased various receivers, DVD players, etc. Check it out after everyone here...myself included... throws in their 2 cents.:)

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
If you can go the $500 get the 320. All H/K's are very conservatively rated. The 2 channel listing is invariably exceeded by a wide margin for any impedance and the 5 channel rating is usually spot on for all channels driven. What this means is that you will get that listed power AT MINIMUM cleanly and without distortion. This is what the Brits call the Fidelity Firewall. There is no other company I know of who consistently rates their product's power in this fashion from top model to bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks