What's new

Need new plastic DVD cases at a good price - suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
There are so many different types of

DVD cases that I generally get confused

by it all.

I have a friend that got into DVD a year

ago and made a HUGE mistake.

He wanted to save room on his shelves so

he ditched all his original DVD cases and

put the DVDs in slimmer cd jewel cases. Can

you believe it?

A year later he regrets it.

He has asked me to find the best price on

plastic DVD cases -- the ones Columbia, Paramount

and MGM use for their releases.

He needs a total of 61 cases so a good price

on such a large quantity is a necessity.

Anyone have a suggestion? URL links? I'd

rather just order them off the net.

Also....

Is there a place you can download DVD cover

art and print them on your computer?

He needs to replace the artwork for all 61 titles.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Kenneth English

Second Unit
I order all my DVD cases through www.inetdvd.com . They ship pretty fast and have (fairly) reasonable prices. Where they get you is on the shipping charges:
Amaray DVD cases = $ .59 each
61 cases = $35.99
Shipping = $16.93
Ouch. See what I mean?
On the other hand I've not found anything better...

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Bags Unlimited (www.bagsunlimited.com) also sells replacement cases dirt cheap, and they're name-brand Amaray and Alphas. I don't have my catalog handy, so I can't give you exact figures. I believe their listed prices include the shipping.
The Web site stinks, or at least it did last time I went there. Go to the site to get the phone number, then call them up. The people who work there are very helpful.
I'll dig out my catalog when I get home tonight and post back the prices. It'll be late, though.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Im wondering if anyone here has bought one of those cases that holds 7 dvd's?. If so let us know how you like them. I may pick them up to put my Star Trek:TOS discs/and farscape discs in to save some space. Then ill just make inserts for the cases and keep the originals in a safe place.

Capt

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I could figure this out myself but I'm too lazy: Does anyone know if snapper graphics can be scanned and printed on a single sheet of 8"x11" paper?

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
I could figure this out myself but I'm too lazy: Does anyone know if snapper graphics can be scanned and printed on a single sheet of 8"x11" paper?
yes, but it requires a little work to do it "right". I have a fair amount of snapper converts on my website (see sig), perhaps some will be of use to you.

FredrikBlomberg

Auditioning
Ronald give the link below to your friend, there he will probably find most of the DVD-covers that he wants.
I hope this post is of any help, it is my first :)
/Fredrik
Link Removed

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I checked my Bags Unlimited catalog and the prices are a little less than Inet when you factor in the shipping. If you order 50 or more keepcases, they're about $0.73, shipping included. The total for 61 cases is $44.90, shipped.

The catalog number is CDVD1. These are Amaray cases. You would need to specify black. New York residents need to add 8% sales tax.

The phone number is (800)767-BAGS.

Thomas D

Stunt Coordinator
Go to Circuit City. They'll have a table with a whole bunch of free AOL CDs, usually in Amray DVD cases. Grab as many as you need.

Next, go to Home Depot and get a bottle of Goo Gone (usually on display right by the cash register). Goo Gone will get rid of those annoying AOL stickers on your new DVD cases.

The total for 61 cases is three bucks for the Goo Gone.

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
I third inet.They have a great selection and great customer support.Amaray's are .59 a piece.Not sure what shipping would come to.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Im thinking of picking up some of the 7 sized dvd cases for ST:TOS and some 5's for Stargate and Farscape. Might as well buy 10 cases since shipping is $5 no matter if you buy 1 or 10 at Inet.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
ThomasD, I've gone that route before. Honestly, for 59¢ per case, I wouldn't go to all the trouble with those stickers-from-hell on the AOL cases!

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I wish that jewel cases had become the standard DVD cases. No, I wouldn't trash my cases, but jewel cases are more shelf friendly and if the disc comes off the hub it can't slide around.

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
I wish that jewel cases had become the standard DVD cases. No, I wouldn't trash my cases, but jewel cases are more shelf friendly and if the disc comes off the hub it can't slide around.
I couldn't disagree more. Jewel cases break way too easily - keepcases are much sturdier. Besides, they needed something with different packaging in order to differentiate dvds from cds to the general buying public.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I'll agree with Thomas on simply snatching up AOL cases, although I've never needed the assistance of Goo Gone to remove the stickers. Perhaps I should trim my fingernails more often.

bob_bolin

Auditioning
I would say go to inetdvd.com I just got about 20 cases from them (half singles and half 2-disk) for a total or $19 with shipping. The cases are factory fresh and save a lot of time over trying to remove labels. Now I just have to get all my cover art printed so I can swap out my snappers=)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks