What's new

Need new large (60-65 inch) tv--help (1 Viewer)

JeffRome

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Rome
Not sure where this goes on the forum but I'll try here. I think I need a new tv for the bonus room--now we have a 62 inch DLP which seems to be dying. We need HD but not 3D. When I researched this a few years ago DLP seemed to be the best for very large TVs. What about these days? Budget around 2-3 grand at most, the more budget the better. HDMI capable, I guess (is this still the connection of choice? I'm out of touch). Thanks!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
With that budget, you should be able to go with DLP(Mitsubishi) which is a great value for the money/screen size, LCD, or plasma. Not sure about the price of LCD-LED's. It really depends on what technology you want. With the Mitsubishi DLP's you'll have to replace bulbs. In today's sale paper, American TV has a 65" Mits. DLP for $900. I'm not sure of the model.

JeffRome

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Rome
The TV we have now is a Mits--has worked well but not hard and dying at 6 years old. Still, hard to beat $900. Was thinking Plasma but for a grand or so less...

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I re-checked the ad, and the model is the 65638 for $899. Do you have American TV and Appliance near you? Their website says it's available in-store only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks