need new dvd player--multi-changer vs single disc

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gavin McCullough, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Gavin McCullough

ok, the living room toshiba doesn't play cd-r disc---my favorite christmas music has been burned onto two cd's from the many discs i have....but i can't play them on my system...have to bring in the boombox from the bedroom...so i am using this as an excuse to get a new player...need help with deciding on a single player vs a 5 disc player...and on which one to get...

so thinking of--single player: either Toshiba 3750 ($180 at onecall) vs panasonic RP-56 ($206)

or

multiplayer: Toshiba 3755 ($251)or Toshiba 2715 ($206--i don't have an HDTV and won't for a year or two) vs Panasonic RP 51 ($229 plus 19 shipping)....all have free shipping but the 51---price not a big issue as all are at great prices.....

do multi-players image as well as single players?? are they as reliable??? if so, will go with one of them...if not, will go the single disc route....i will be connecting to a 36 inch Toshiba TV...i have used only tosh dvd players so far, but will switch to panny if it is a better player....thanks g

ps..which has a better (shorter or none) layer switch??

thanks, everyone here is great....

2. Gavin McCullough

oh...and i can get the Toshiba 4700 for 224 shipped!?! would this be a better choice for a single player than the 3750 or the RP-56??? thanks again...g

3. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

The multidisc players have more mechanical parts to wear down and break. And you can have more discs stuck in the machine when it does break. FWIW...

Martin.

4. Gavin McCullough

does anybody recommend a changer over a single player??

if not, which would you prefer--tosh 4700, tosh 3750 or panny RP-56....g