What's new

Need new AVR - $600 or under (1 Viewer)

TonyKulie

Auditioning
Hi,

I'm looking for an AVR for around $600. I'm downsizing a little for now.

The system will be used for 50/50 for music and HT. I've sold my old separates consisting of a Carver pre and a Carver AV705x. Here is what I currently have:

Acoustic Research AR 1's. Matched center channel speaker and rear surrounds. 2 JBL 4638 dual 15" cinema subs powered by a QSC PLX3002.

It was a nice sounding system but the the video options on the carver were limited. I have looked at various HK and Yamaha receivers. I've owned Denon and Sony before the Carver setup and didn't care for either of them so would like to stay away from them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sorry if I haven't provided enough info.
Thanks,
Tony

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'd reccomend the Pioneer 1014TX. It has great processing onboard (PLIIx and Auto-MCACC w/ room-eq) and very strong amplification if you ever need to use it (possibly to power back surrounds). It's available as low as $385 shipped online, i paid $445 w/ tax at a local B&M before it was available online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks