Need Natalie Wood Films on DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ken Koc, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

Jan 12, 2004
    With the success of the new biography of Natalie Wood by Gavin Lambert and the ABC TV movie "The Mystery of Natalie Wood",
    as member Chuck pointed out, there are many of her films that are not on dvd.
    What is the best way to petition the studios to release those films?
    "INSIDE DAISY CLOVER" (Warner Bros) also with Robert Redford, Christopher Plummer and Ruth Gordon
    "LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER" (Paramount) also with Steve McQueen, Edie Adams and Tom Bosley
    "SEX AND THE SINGLE GIRL" (Warner Bros) with Tony Curtis, Henry Fonda and Lauren Bacall
    "ALL THE FINE YOUNG CANNIBALS" (MGM now Warner Bros) with Robert Wagner, Georger Hamilton and Pearl Bailey
    "BOB AND TED AND CAROL AND ALICE" (Columbia) also with Robert Culp, Elliott Gould and Dyan Cannon
  2. Shawn_Sek

Shawn_Sek Stunt Coordinator

Mar 2, 2003
  3. Chuck Shugar

Chuck Shugar Auditioning

Aug 18, 2003
    "The Mystery of Natalie Wood" has just aired this weekend in Britain, South Africa, Sweden, Turkey, and who knows where else. This follows its showing a few weeks ago in Manila, Singapore, Hong Kong, and India. I notice it will also be shown this week in Central Europe. In addition to the viewers in the countries mentioned, there were 9.8 million viewers who watched the March 1st showing in the US, and more than 400,000 viewers in Australia.

There is also a new biography of Natalie Wood by Gavin Lambert currently selling well, a spat of showings of Natalie Wood biographies on E!, A&E, Biography, Lifetime, and other cable channels - including a Natalie Wood day on Turner Classic Movies.

If I haven't made the case clearly enough, let me state it more directly: wouldn't this be a good time to capitalize on a obvious interest in Natalie Wood? Investment in a DVD conversion for "Love with The Proper Stranger" for example, could apparently be recovered in multi-region releases.

Paramount, MGM, and whoever else may profit - take advantage of the free, ongoing worldwide publicity and built-in audience!

4. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

Jul 19, 2002
    i'm really disappointed there aren't more Natalie Wood films available on disc.
    i've been asking for Love With The Proper Stranger for a couple years now, and Paramount just doesn't seem interested at all in releasing it.
    i was really hoping we would see it this year, but with most of the Paramount titles announced thru July/August, that only leaves a few months left.
    its not looking good

i'm kind of disappointed that we'll have to wait until '06 to get to see the Searchers restored/refurbished.

whens her birthday? maybe she'll be having a milestone anniversary coming up they can tie into?