need names of button making companies

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Illingworth, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

I am interested in buying large quantities of plastic buttons and was wondering if anybody knows who the big ones in North America are.

jeremy

2. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

there's a button maker at the LCI

sorry that's all i know about buttons

3. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Just like your last question about mannequins, Jeremy, I'm not even gonna ask.. [​IMG] but am curious! And sorry, I don't even know as much as Mark...

4. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Is this related to post here some time ago from someone (you?) concerning bowling shirts with bowling pin buttons??

5. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

Mark, can you tell me anymore about this button maker?

Everybody, yes, all these strange posts are semi related. I bowl and learned how to sew to make myself bowling shirts. They have become very popular the bowling alley and the owner nagged me to sell them there until I gave in. I didn't think anybody made bowling pin buttons anymore (3M used to, they supplied Air Flo brand bowling shirts from 1950 until 1969 when the closed; four colours were made: black, white, rare red and super rare yellow) but I wanted them for my shirts so my first inquiry was about having plastics made but it led nowhere. Actually, there is one place that makes them, they come with a pin and ball on a card. I think their quality is awful and the price outrageous.

The mannequin and vintage clothing thing: the woman wants a mannequin and has for years so I thought maybe somebody here would know where to get one. I also want one to put shirts on to see what they look like. And were both interested in vintage clothing. She likes everything and I like bowling shirts and have a large work shirt collection. Seventy four right now.

And now button makers. I called the co author of the vintage bowling shirt book with some questions. He also runs a vintage clothing store. We talking about bowling shirts and stuff and he mentioned that there is a button maker who makes pin buttons but he can't remember the name and lost the catalogue. He says they are in NY or CA. So I thought there can only be so many button makers in the US so I should be able to discover who it is.

So in the end all my strange questions are all leading somewhere.

jeremy

6. David-S

David-S Second Unit

7. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

You can try a company called "Holy Shirt." They will print just about anything in just about any quantity. Their website is here