What's new

need more descriptive packaging (1 Viewer)

DarrylWHarrisJr

Stunt Coordinator
jeez...when dvd-a is concerned i would like it if they put the bit/khz info on the disc in a little features box as they do with video...jeez even our out dated cd's tell us what the bit/khz is when they have been remastered with a little sticker on the front cover!

RicP

Screenwriter
jeez even our out dated cd's tell us what the bit/khz is when they have been remastered with a little sticker on the front cover!
While I certainly wouldn't call CDs "outdated", the stickers on the front are merely for marketing purposes, because as we all know, no matter what the remastering was done with, a CD will never be more than 16/44, no matter what.
Why does the sample and quantization rate matter so much to you?

DarrylWHarrisJr

Stunt Coordinator
simple...it's a marketing!

just like to know what i am getting...for example the eagles dvd-a labeled 192k...while i assume everything else is 24/96...but then again you get something like al green which is only 24/48....

it's a way to let consumers know what they are getting. afterall we are paying the same price no matter what the resolution...sometimes for me it's a matter of economic opportunity cost

RicP

Screenwriter
afterall we are paying the same price no matter what the resolution...sometimes for me it's a matter of economic opportunity cost
Do you feel that you could tell the difference between a 24/48 and a 24/96 PCM stream of the same content? Or does it just make you feel better if the numbers are bigger? ;)

DarrylWHarrisJr

Stunt Coordinator
just makes me feel better...24/48 is not gonna make me or anyone else switch from 16/44....24/96 now that's something to brag about:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks