1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Monoblock for 6.1

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by carlos f, May 12, 2002.

1. carlos f

carlos f Extra

Now that I have my Rotel 1066 I decided to go w/6.1 but I need a monoblock to drive the 6th speaker. Any recommendations for something decent in the sub $200 range.

I'll probably use the monoblock for the center (htd level 3) and use my 3 channel rmb 1066 to drive the surrounds and rear center.

thanks.

2. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    The Parasound HCA 1201 is a solid AMP, and can be had for 175-200 bucks. Also you can go wrong with either of the Marantz MonoBlock.

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

There were some Marantz monoblocks for sale in the for sale area not that long ago.

4. Sihan Goi

Sihan Goi Second Unit

If you can get the Sherbourn monoblock within your budget that'd be great too.

The Marantz Monoblocks have been highly recommended. I believe they come in at least 2 different flavors, from 100-150W(can't remember the exact power output), but the Parasound unit is actually a repackaged Soundstream amp IIRC. While Soundstream makes solid car audio amps, they've no track record, other than that particular monoblock, in the home audio market.