What's new

Need Marantz MA-500 owners manual (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
If some one could point me in a direction on where to find an owners manual for a Marantz MA-500 I would really appreciate it. I bought a pair of these from a member here on the forum, but he didn't have the manuals and I would really like to have at least one copy. I would also be willing to compensate someone for their troubles if they would make a copy of one and mail it to me. Appreciate the help,

Chris S.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Okay if no one has an owners manual, then does anyone have any idea on how to set this amp to output at 4 Ohms instead of 8?

Chris S.

J

John Morris

Chris: Which speaker are you hooking it up to? If it is a 4 ohm speaker, the amp will output at its' wattage level for 4 ohms. If the speaker is an 8 ohm speaker, it'll output at its' 8 ohm wattage.. and so on. Most amps don't have 4/8 ohm switches like some receivers do. If I remember correctly, the MA-500 is rated to 4 ohms, and maybe even 2 ohms, so you should be ok using a 4 ohm speaker with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks