What's new

Need Mannual for Sony SLV-R1000 S-VHS (1 Viewer)

Ronald_P

Stunt Coordinator
I need Manual for Sony SLV-R1000 S-VHS and don't know ere to get one. I just picked up a used one from E-Bay with no mannual.

Ron

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You can order it on Sony’s website . Click on “Electronics Service and Support” (bottom right of page), then “Buy Accessories and Parts Online.” Enter “slv-r1000” in the “Search by Model” field. The manual is listed as available.
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Phil Nichols

Second Unit
Ron,

You have a fantastic VCR there! Do you realize it contains Faroudja circuits inside (look at the label on the back). I had mine 2 1/2 years hooked up to my Pioneer Elite 58" RPTV before I even owned a DVD player (just finally got one this month).

I tweaked my R1000 up so good through Input 2 on my RPTV that I didn't feel I needed a DVD player until they were available with certain features. I have a lot of widescreen VCR and S-VHS movies that are completely enjoyable due to the R1000's rock solid images with deep, saturated colors and freedom from video noise. VCR sound tracks are superb coming from the R1000 too! My Super-VHS version of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade views just like a DVD version of the movie would.

Enjoy - VHS is not dead yet if you have the right VCR!

BTW, I bought a brand new top of the line JVC9800 VCR first and returned it for a new R1000. The JVC could not hold a candle to the R1000.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
From a guy who’s been very happy with my older JVC S-VHS machines, the R-1000 sounds pretty impressive.

Where do you get these S-VHS movies, Phil? The only over-the-counter S-VHS movies that I’ve seen where noticeably inferior to off-the-air programming I recorded.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Phil Nichols

Second Unit
Wayne,

I had to bid for them on eBay. JVC supplied them to dealers during the mid-1990's for sale to customers of their SVHS VCR's to encourage sales of their SVHS players. It's too bad that SVHS commercial movies never took off, as they're as spectacular as LD and therefore close to DVD in quality if made from good masters.

I have some not-so-good SVHS movies too - that are only slightly better than their VHS versions.

The Indy widescreen SVHS version is outstanding - crystal clear, rich colors, and dynamic full stereo sound. The R1000 with it's Faroudja digital circuitry really performs it's magic on this movie.

Just as hint on the R1000 - run Sharpness low on your display and max, or near-max, on the R1000. Also DO NOT use the APC function on the R1000 for playback - only recording. (The manual recommends leaving APC on all the time.) APC degrades the image on a good display using good S-Video cables, so I suggest you leave APC off for watching movies. APC improved playback on just a few very bad VHS movies, but degraded the rest in my collection.

BTW, I left nothing to chance with my R1000 and use a high end S-Video cable after making some A/B split-screen tests with the R1000 between Monster and Nordost Super Optix S-Video cabling. I use a 2 meter Nordost Super Optix S-Video cable with the R1000 now, after these tests. My top-of-the line Monster S-Video cable is now stored away in a box.

Ronald_P

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne,

Thanks for the details on the mannnaul. I have one coming!

Phil,

I'm very impressed with all aspects of a this S-VHS that was released in 1993. I'm running it on a 65 INCH Sony XBR Widescreen RPTV with a standard Sony tape and it still looks great. Can't wait to see how it records DVD's on S-VHS tapes. Also thanks for the tips on tunning it up.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks