What's new

Need long DVI cable (10M) any suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Mike V

Stunt Coordinator
I do realize this is beyond the recommended length. I will be using it between a Sanyo Z2 and a Momitsu 880. I'll be making these purchases next week and am going to need a 10M DVI cable to connect the two. Is anyone using this length cable? I do plan to have the projector calibrated and am wondering if this may make a difference in any sparklies I get from this length of cable. Any thoughts from the calibrators on this? What cables have you seen that have worked well?

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Buy from somewhere with a moneyback guarantee.

I'm using a 9m cable from Better Cables, and it works fine at 1400x1050. I've also used a 10m fiber optic cable.

With that resolution (1280x720), you should be fine with a well made 22-24AWG copper cable.

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator
Well this should be in the tweaking accessories forum however for my dedicated home theater we use normal coax rg-6 cable(like for cable TV) for long lengths. We then use connectors that convert it to RCA type jacks and have had great performance for a low cost(coax isn't all that expensive).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks