What's new

Need link for actual wattages for receivers with all channels driven. (1 Viewer)

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the link...

I remember seeing someone post a link with a grid of about 40-50 receivers with manufacturers reported wattage and lab tested wattage with all channels driven... thats the link I was hoping for

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Looks like the site has exceeded its monthly transfer rate. If this site is like what Tony mentioned with 40-50 receivers all listed I will bookmarking it right away.

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if this testing is too strenuous for the equipment.

The English (HCC?) use something called a 'fidelity firewall'. This sort of test is geared towards poweramps with massive powersupplies and a largely different design/cost/benefit philosophy.

I wonder if the same test is inappropriate when applied to $500 budget receivers?

The poweramp I use is rather typical of the design parameters applied to many poweramps.

John Curl shot for 120w x 6 with this amp. It actually rated at 135w x 6... all channels driven of course.

From independent testing, it maintains 220w x 2 at just under 1% THD. It maintains something like 175w x 6 all driven, same THD. It does 150w x 6 all day, everyday it need be with >0.05% THD.

Of course it's a 35kg+ device and cost is slightly higher. I would not expect one of the receivers mentioned above to do the same feat as every Parasound so if they end up looking worse off, surely it's the testing and not the device itself?

T.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks