What's new

Need Installation Help on DirectTV (1 Viewer)

WillS

Auditioning
Not sure where to post, sorry for any repeats of the installation questions. Anyway, I have a general question on the hooking up Direct TV to four TVs. I have a dual LNB dish and the existing cable lines are laid out this way. There are two(2) lines coming into the house from the cable box, one line is routed to the other side of the house get split into two TV and the other going to the other side of the house is split into another two TV. All the lines are behind the wall except for the two (2)lines coming into the house from the cable box and the two (2) splitters at each side of the house. How do I ran the cable lines from the satellite dish? Should one line from the dish be ran to the other side into a multiswitch to serve the two TVs and the other line from the dish be ran to another multiswitch to serve the other two TVs? I'm not sure.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Run two lines from the dish into the multi-switch. Run each output from the switch to a receiver. Splitters anywhere in the system will cause problems.

-Robert

WillS

Auditioning
Robert

Thanks for your reply, my problem is if I ran the lines from the dish to the multiswitch, I can easily access the lines to the receivers of the two TVs on one side of the house to hookup to the multiswitch. The other lines to the other two TVs are on the other side of the house, of which I have no way of bringing the lines to from the multiswitch. The lines are running in the basement which has a finished ceiling. any ideas?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The easiest way do this is use a stacker/de-stackers. The stacker is at your dish and combines the right polarized and left polarized signals on to a single coax. It runs through your existing wiring to a de-stacker placed at each receiver. The stacker is about $250 and de-stackers $80 each.

A second option is to use your existing coax to pull more coax. If the coax isn't stapled to the inside of the walls, it should work. Tape a strong nylon string to the end of a wire using electrical tape. Go to the other point that you can access the coax and pull (while someone feeds the string into the wall). When you pull the wire through, just tape the new cable onto the string and pull it back through the wall.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks