What's new

Need info on the Mits. A55 widescreen (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I noticed BB has it on clearance for 1,399.00 the price seems great, is this a good TV? What are its strengths and weakness'?

BTW this is a 55" widescreen TV for those that don't know.

Rik P

Stunt Coordinator
Not bad, whats the model #. I paid 2700 for my 55" Mits 2years ago (WS-55809) and thought that that was a good deal. The only thing is Mits like to Push the reds a little to much. Not as bad as they used to. But this can be fixed in the service menu (not the user menu).
I still personally think they make the best RPTV overall.
IM in to Front Projection now and have my Mits sitting in a corner unpluged. I guess I should sell it.

ChrisCosmo

Grip
I believe I read somewhere that the A55 is the "best buy version" of the WS55311, and one of the key features best buy had removed from the tv to make it cheaper for them to sell was the video memory for each input, like my 55311 has. I've also had a problem with my tv cutting out on me, i believe the thread is still floating around here somewhere, but it appears to be an isolated incident.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Chris is right about the A55 being the Best Buy version of the 55311. Mitsubishi had to create a cheaper, different line of products for Best Buy initially because all of Mitsi's dealer base got pissed they'd be going head to head with a mass merchant.

Chris also got the modifications right, sans one other nice feature. On the 311's and up, you can modify the color as a user control for all signals except 1080i. You can adjust Magenta, Cyan, etc for each input. This helped to tame Red somewhat, but made color decoding very user selectable.

However, at $1399 for the A55, you can live without these features. Anything that needs to be done hardcore needs to be done in the service menu later down the line. As long as it isn't a floor model (and if it is, it's almost an automatic that you get that warranty) or has any major flaws, I say don't jump but LEAP on that price.

BTW- I do agree that Chris' problem is isolated. I know serveral folks who have this TV and not one problem like that.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks