Need info on a INFINITY SERVO SUB

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David D. C., Dec 30, 2001.

1. David D. C.

David D. C. Stunt Coordinator

Hello to all i am new to this forum i have a infinity servo sub and need to locate a manuel on the thing for the spec's for your info it has only high input leads (no outs) and level control and freq control as well as low level inputs.

how can i determine the make and model so i know what size surr. rec. to purchase

2. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

David,

I don't know what model your sub is but it certainly sounds like a powered subwoofer. Therefore it makes absolutely no difference what kind of receiver you purchase as the sub provides its own amplification. I'll also answer your other thread here. For $800 you could get a Denon 3802. I recall reading some users here getting that for around $750. I'm not sure if it was from an authorized dealer though. Hope that helps.

Dan Hine

3. David D. C.

David D. C. Stunt Coordinator

thxs for the info i am looking at a sony 975 spec are

110 x2 to front

110 x 2 to surr 110 x 1 to center about 575 it has no specs on low level out puts but for the price and specs are btter than a some higher dollar onkyo or hardens just need to find some info on this sub

4. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

David,
    Honestly I would not trust the sony to really output 110w/channel. If I'm not mistaken the sony is a DE model and not known well for its amp quality. I own a DE model and can attest to it. It works fine but at higher levels it feels like it's straining. A comparably priced Onkyo or even a Denon 2802 would most likely win out. Also with the sony you are paying for about 30dsp modes all of which sound alike. If I had to do over again I would not have gotten my sony. It's served me well but knowing what I know now I believe I could have done better.
    Dan Hine
    PS Since I haven't said so already...welcome to the forum! [​IMG]