What's new

Need info about the Bose 3-2-1 Series II (1 Viewer)

ramzzp

Auditioning
Real Name
ramprabhu
I recently bought Bose 3-2-1 series II home entertainment system in Canada.
But i will be taking the system to India.
When i informed this to store keeper , He told i need NTSC to PAL convertor to play the DVD. Since in India they use PAL system so all the DVDs they sell there are PAL DVDs. I am confused here. Is there anything called NTSC DVD and PAL DVD.
If so what i can do the best to play the PAL DVD in my Bose system.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Take the system back. The Store keeper should also fire himself. I was starting to explain more, but just save yourself a mountain of hassle and get your money back. Don't accept an exchange. They knowingly sold you something that is not suitable for your expressed use.

You are much better off with a system that does internal NTSC/PAL conversion, is (or can be made) region free and hopefully also has a universal power supply. An Oppo will satisfy the first two, but I'm not sure about the third.

Besides, Bose is overpriced garbage. You're better off without it. Just do a search for "Bose".

I just want to be clear, the Bose system will NOT play DVDs from India, converter or not. It simply will not play them and can't be made to play them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks