Need IN LIVING COLOR out on DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Coleman, Feb 4, 2003.

1. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Now this one would be a collectable! This has to be one of the funniest sketch comedy shows in television history and would have so many funny moments to re-live! Any one else agree with me?

2. Michael Brunet

David,

I also would LOVE to see this show released - presonally, I think that Jim Carrey and Damon Wayans have never been funnier in any of their subsequent endeavors. Unfortunately, Peter Staddon from FOX told us that this show has little, if any, chance for a release at all in the future.

I include an excerpt from Mr. Staddon's Dec. 2, 2002 chat from this forum

"GaryC: hi Peter.. any chance of Undeclared or In Living Color episodes? Thanx

peterstaddon: In Living Color is a clearance nightmare, not just music but artist approval rights
    etc. I really dont think that will happen."

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

If I had to guess, the artists probably own their characters at least enough that they needs to get paid for everything. That and the musical guest at the end of every ep? Eeesh. Maybe some best-ofs.

4. David Coleman

Thanks Michael for the quote from Mr Staddon. This is indeed sad news as this show would make a great DVD release and yes Damon and Jim have never been funnier than they were on that show![

5. Jared M

Jared M Stunt Coordinator

what about season sets minus the artist performances at the end. i'd rather have completely uncut episodes but it's the sketches i really want.

6. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

Like SCTV and SNL, the best you'll ever get are "Best-Of" sets from certain performers, alas. I REALLY want SCTV...

7. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

Any sets of In Living Color must come with a free mayonaise jar filled with apple juice and a pickle. Thankfully my tastes in comedy have matured more a bit since I was twelve, but I used to think that was the funniest gag on the whole show.

8. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

I'd love to see this one also. If we can only get Low Down Dirty Shame on DVD with a DTS soundtrack as well. It seems that Keenan Ivory Wayans is slow in releasing his stuff.

9. David Coleman

10. Matthew Kiernan

Matthew Kiernan Stunt Coordinator

Keenan Ivroy Wayans and Fox have long been fighting over various rights issues regarding the show after he quit it a decade ago. He sued them when they sold episodes to FX as opposed to syndication, where the money would be better. I'm not surprised getting the show on disc would be so difficult, as good as it would be.

11. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

Fox pulled that crap with The X-Files as well, it was a pretty low thing to do both times. Hopefully Wayans got a settlement if not a full victory. This is in no way a rip on the home video department of Fox, just their television branch.

12. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

I would love to see these on dvd.

13. Ed Francisco

Ed Francisco Stunt Coordinator

That was a great show - some nice interludes with J Lo dancing would be good too [​IMG]

"Homey the clown don't do that"

14. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

That's "Homey don't play that"