What's new

Need ideas for project (1 Viewer)

Fred_Morales

Auditioning
I am an electrical engineering student in the last year of my program, and one of my classes is a design project class where I have to propose an idea and build it. I'm hoping to do something audio related.

Do any of you have any original ideas for a product that is related to electrical engineering? I kind of want to stay away from the standard DIY projects like sono-tube subwoofers, etc. Is there something you would like to see that doesn't currently exist right now? Maybe a process that could be automated? I was at one point thinking of an automatic speaker calibrator, but I don't think one can be done that would work in general for all HT receivers, but rather be specific to the one I would use in the design.

Thanks.

george king

Supporting Actor
fred,

well this already exists, but they are not cheap. How about a DVI switcher?

Hope this helps.

Jeff Hoak

Stunt Coordinator
I need a tube phono preamp that will be switchable between moving magnet or moving coil AND a headphone amp all in a single chassis. Remote controld of the headphone level would be nice too.

Outboard power supply is pretty much a must

Oh... It also has to look nice and fit in a ~6" high space.

Oh yea... almost forgot... 2 headphone outputs, each with its own voulme control. The phono section needs to have a BUNCH of adjustment for gain, impedence, etc.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
not HT related but do a coil gun, i saw the presentation of an EE who did it. he shot a nail and got it to go about 55m/s pretty bitching IMO.

The design was rather simple, but there was some pretty complicated logic, inducing a huge voltage on the coils then dissipating it quickly. I have to say it was one of the better EE presentations I have seen.

you could always build an Amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks