What's new

Need ideas for new speakers (long) (1 Viewer)

Monroe K

Auditioning
O.K. if anyone can help with this, it would be greatly apreciated.

I currently have Klipsch KG 4.5 floor standing speakers. I live in a pretty small room (12 x 12) and finding it hard to get new stereo furniture. There is nothing wrong with the speakers and I have had them sense day one 1994. I love them and really would not like to to go through the trouble of getting new speakers but I can use the floor space.

I would however like to get book shelfs and a sub so I can mount the speakers on the wall thus giving me more floor space.

Here is were it gets strange. Sense I am poor I can not spend a lot of money. My center is a Polk Audio CS 200 and my surrounds are Polk RT f/x's. I guess it would be wise to get polk mains and a decent sub...maybe a low end SVS. Remember I am in a small room.

I tend to keep the gear I get for a LONG time. So, I am willing to spend a little extra (key word little) so they can last another ten years...even used if they are in decent condition.

Lastly, this is what I have been putting my speakers through.

My amp is a Denon-AVR 1802

-Videogames
-Running my DJ gear through them (techno, house...etc)
-Movies
-Music (electronica, jazz, classical)

Thanks to anyone who replies

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Monroe
What about putting your speakers up on shelves to free up some floorspace. I built my rears into the wall and put my fronts in a cabinet above my entertainment cabinet.
I would guess you are in an older building - hence not the greatest soundproofing and possible deaththreaths from a subwoofer. What about baseshakers? Cheap great virtual bass and doesnt bother the neighbors.
good luck
grant

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks