Need ideas for new speakers (long)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Monroe K, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Monroe K

Monroe K Auditioning

O.K. if anyone can help with this, it would be greatly apreciated.

I currently have Klipsch KG 4.5 floor standing speakers. I live in a pretty small room (12 x 12) and finding it hard to get new stereo furniture. There is nothing wrong with the speakers and I have had them sense day one 1994. I love them and really would not like to to go through the trouble of getting new speakers but I can use the floor space.

I would however like to get book shelfs and a sub so I can mount the speakers on the wall thus giving me more floor space.

Here is were it gets strange. Sense I am poor I can not spend a lot of money. My center is a Polk Audio CS 200 and my surrounds are Polk RT f/x's. I guess it would be wise to get polk mains and a decent sub...maybe a low end SVS. Remember I am in a small room.

I tend to keep the gear I get for a LONG time. So, I am willing to spend a little extra (key word little) so they can last another ten years...even used if they are in decent condition.

Lastly, this is what I have been putting my speakers through.

My amp is a Denon-AVR 1802

-Videogames
    -Running my DJ gear through them (techno, house...etc)
    -Movies
    -Music (electronica, jazz, classical)

Thanks to anyone who replies

2. Monroe K

Monroe K Auditioning

Anybody? I just need info on some polk speakers.

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Monroe
    What about putting your speakers up on shelves to free up some floorspace. I built my rears into the wall and put my fronts in a cabinet above my entertainment cabinet.
    I would guess you are in an older building - hence not the greatest soundproofing and possible deaththreaths from a subwoofer. What about baseshakers? Cheap great virtual bass and doesnt bother the neighbors.
    good luck
    grant