What's new

Need HT system on a $2000 budget... Recommendations??? (1 Viewer)

FLiP

Auditioning
Real Name
Filipe
Hey Im new to the HT systems so I would like to know what do yall recommend for a complete system, can be bought seperate, but for under $2000. I just moved into a new home and would like agood HT for good sound quality in movies and somewhat in music. What is all the recommendation?? And best place to buy them????
Thanks,
FLiP

hodedofome

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Smith
There's lots of options out there, with lots of aesthetic and sound differences depending on what you like. But here's a sample system:

Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606 Amazon.com: Onkyo TX-SR606 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver - Black: Electronics - $400

Front and Rear Speakers: AV123 x-ls bookshelves (x4) AV123.com - x-ls encore Monitor Loudspeaker - $400

Center Speaker: AV123 x-cs encore AV123.com - x-cs encore Center Loudspeaker - $130

Subwoofer: HSU VTF-2 MK3 HSU VTF-2 MK 3 Subwoofer - $550

Use the rest of the money for wires (monoprice.com), universal remote (logitech harmony comes to mind), shipping. This is just a quickie system I built in a few minutes with your budget, however here's a general guide as to who is "good" for your budget:

Speakers: av123.com hsu, klipsch, polk, infinity, axiom, ascend, paradigm. There's others but that's all I can think of.

Subwoofer: don't skimp on this if you can, a big bad sub can really make the difference. Good ones are HSU, av123, some klipsch (I have the Sub12 and it's great for the price), SVS. Elemental Designs is going to be the biggest bang for the buck however the spray-on bedliner finish is ugly to me - edesignaudio.com

Receiver: I'd recommend getting an HDMI v1.3 receiver just to make things easy with blu-ray. Ones in your budget are going to be Onkyo TX-SR606, 605, 705, and Yamaha HTR-6160

Cables: don't overspend, go to monoprice.com and don't worry about expensive HDMI cables, they are pointless.

mazersteven

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Mazer
I'm not sure if your budget is for speakers only, or speakers, and receiver? But these are a few excellent speaker manufactures that are highly recommended.

AV123.com - Home (Budget speakers only Rocket series. Speakers and Receiver X-Series.)

SVSound - Home (The SBS-01 system is an excellent HT system. Ask SVS's opinion on the proper subwoofer for your rooms volume.)

Audiophile Loudspeakers and Subwoofers for Home Theater and Music - Ascend Acoustics, renowned speakers,subs,audio (The CMT-340 SE system again is an excellent system for HT but are also good for music. You'll need to purchase a subwoofer.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobRWA123
Recent bookmarks