Need Helping Building HT

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by JerryYo, Sep 7, 2003.

1. JerryYo

JerryYo Auditioning

HI everyone...

My question
    I currently have a 5.1 analoge system in my living room, which consist of bose speakers and a nahcamichi av-400 amp.
    My setup seems out of date and i plan on upgrading to a digital 6.1 system. I'm not a guru soo i need help picking out some of the parts.

With my currently 5.1 system i plan on keeping 3 speakers for the rear 3 channels of the 6.1 . I'm to lazy to have to rewire everything in the room.
    I want to get 2 new floor speakers...can u recommend some that will give me a full sound and match the tone of my bose?

I also need to upgrade to a powered sub, my passive bose just doesn't cut it. Can u recommend some nice subs?

AlsoI need a new amp, all i know is that its gotta be 6.1 and be digital. I've been looking at the jvc's and yamahas...but i'm not sure what to get...What do u guys think is good?

Lastly...i saw monster fiberoptic cables at circuit city for $99...i don't think thats going to fit my budget...can u guys recommend some?

Oh and on the last note...i only got $800 to $1000 for the speakers, amp, sub, and cables. I'm on a tight tight budget... [​IMG] Otherwise i'd just buy the most expensive thing out there [​IMG]

Thanks for helping me out. I can't wait to go digital!

2. Glenise

Glenise Supporting Actor

Have you thought about getting some more Bose speakers to match your existing ones?

3. JerryYo

JerryYo Auditioning

Yes...i'm thinking about moving away from bose...because the sound is somewhat sharp..i'm looking for something more full.