What's new

Need Help! (1 Viewer)

Greg Sing

Auditioning
I've been lurking here for a while and the more I lurk the more confused I become. I need some suggestions on which components to buy. I've read some people like the A/V route (49tx, 5803..ect) some swear by seperates. I just done know.:confused: Help me spend my MONEY. I need a DVD, A/V or separates, amp?... I'm going to run this thought Sonus Faber GP's, Center and surrounds with a REL sub. 50/50 music to HT. TV is a Pioneer Elite 1000. I have around $6K or so. Please help me with suggestions.
Thanks

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I think that if your bnudget is over $2k, which it is, then you should definately go for seperates. There are two options you could take, the first involves an all in one pre pro which you will use for music and movies listening. the second involves a movie only a/v pre for HT, and a seperate, music only preamp with HT passthrough. With this option, you can use the HT pass through in your pre to run your mains, and you can have both sets of main speaker outs going to the same amp output
Option 1:
A/V all in one pre:
Anthem AVM20, Krell Showcase, Lexicon MC1, Sunfire Theater Grand III, EAD Theatermaster, Integra REsearch RDC7
5 or 7 channel amp
B&K, Krell, Anthem PVA, Marantz MM9000, Outlaw 755 or 770, Rotel RMB1095, basically any amp you want.

Option 2:
HT Pre:
Lexicon DC2, Outlaw 950, Rotel 1066, B&K Ref 30, Aragon SoundStage
Music Only Pre:
Anthem Pre2l, Rogue 66, Proceed Pre, Sonic Frontiers Line 1
Amp-Same as above
with both of these options, the total will come out to be around $6k. With option 1, you have a little more convenience and also have every component hooked up to a central nervous system. With Option 2, you have more flexibility and the best of both worlds. If you are more critical of Music listening, I would suggest you go with option 2.

Greg Sing

Auditioning
Chung,

Sorry It took me so long to get back to you, but thank you for your help. The think I have narrowed it down a little. My short list is

Option 1: EAD Theatermaster plus a Bel Canto eVo6. Maybe the Anthem AVM20

Option 2: Aragon Soundstage, Rogue 66 and Bel Canto eVo6.

Can you tell me if this system is compatible? Especially option 2. Would I have to run a DAC with option 2?

Also how do you think this system would sound with Sonus Faber GP's?

Anyother thoughts on what ever else I might need to integrate this system(s) would be appreciated.

Also if I want to run seperate zones (ie. outdore speakers) is that just a fuction of a switch box?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks