What's new

need help!!! (1 Viewer)

brianspiegle202

Auditioning
Real Name
brian
first off, sorry my first post is asking for assistance instead of offering any.

bought speaker stands for my 2 rear speakers to put them lower and closer to the couch. now I've been looking at other systems, one in particular is the onkyo hts-5800 system, it is built for dolby atmos, has 5 speakers and a sub woofer in the package, and a 4k receiver with 7.1 channel support (i believe) if I want to add more speakers. I was looking at the specs and I see the onkyo is like 115 watts, but my samsung sound bar is like 340 i think. that seems like a big drop in wattage. does this matter? should I stick with the sound bar? my big thing is I'm trying to future proof my system for a little while and I just don't like that I can't upgrade my samsung system simply by connecting more speakers or anything, I'm just stuck with what I have. if that's the case I'm leaning toward returning it and going with the onkyo receiver/system.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The Onkyo receiver is 115 watts per channel. while the Samsung sound bar is 340 watts total. So your total power is 115 X 5 + 120 for the powered subwoofer = 695 watts.
It's an okay package but you'd be better off buying higher quality components separately, even though it's much more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks