What's new

Need Help (1 Viewer)

Tim Fleeman

Auditioning
Hello to everyone
I am new to home theater and home theater forum which most likly won't be hard to figure out,but here goes. I resently purchased a 50" panasonic th50px50u plasma and now need to complete the home theater system.There are so many on the market and for a novice like myself it is very confusing.I have about 2000.00 left to purchase a dvd player,reciver,and speakers. My room size is 16'x 24'.My wife,would like small speakers,that when you walk in the room,in her words, don't jump out at you. I want to buy components,that can be up graded as my budget allows. I don't know if i need to match the components or buy a better amp and cheaper speakers or the opposite. I just want to get the biggest bang for my buck(and keep the speakers as small as possible). I would appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks,Tim Fleeman

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Well, there’s good news in the speaker department. With a room that size you don’t need hulking speakers. Some bookshelf models with 6-1/2” woofers will do fine. Same with the sub. I capable 12” model will be sufficient to vibrate the walls.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Tim, since you seem to be asking about speaker systems, your post has been moved to the Speakers section. The Basics area is not for this sort of question. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks