What's new

Need Help.... (1 Viewer)

Mike Camm

Agent
Hey gang... how is everyone.. it has been a long while since I last posted... I have been very busy with the construction of my dedicated Theater room... (I'll have pics to post for everyone that has helped me along the way !)

Couple quick questions... if anyone can give me some feed back I would greatly appreciate everyone's input...

I have a 65" Hitachi SWX20B ... does anyone know how to get into the 'technician mode' on the tv.. where it brings up the grid to align the borders on the picture... I know how to do the manual mode for the magic focus to move the red and blue guns.. but when I had a tech come out a while back he got into a mode to adjust the corners around the picture... (he wouldnt tell me how to do it and I even offered to slip him a $20 !)

Also.. does anyone have an opinion on running dual subwoofers... I purchased a Velodyne 12" DPS sub.. and absolutely love it... it sits in my back row in the corner... and thought it should have a brother on the other side of the couch... any thoughts ? Visually I thought it would look impressive... and was thinking twice the bass, gotta love that... but then wanted to ask everyone if by running two.. would they cancel or mess each other up ?

Thank you in advance for any feed back... I appreciate all the help you all have given over the years !!!

Mike Camm
Clearwater Fl

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Mike,
Don't know about your TV, but I am using 2 subs. One centered in the front and the other centered in the back. Check out this site for some good info. I use 2 because I already have them and one woulden't do the job. If you have a smaller room, you won't get twice the bass because you will turn them down. If one sub is doing the trick, spend the money on more DVDs ;)
Dave

Mike Camm

Agent
Hey drobbins... Thanks for your reply ... that link you posted was fantastic !!! Lots of great information !!!

the only problem now is the set up I was thinking of using for my subs isnt so hot on the performance side ... and the recomended set up .. just doenst work with my seating arrangement... grrrr... !! Well I will try my set up anyway and see how it goes...

Thank you once again for the great link.

Take care

Camm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks