What's new

need help!!! (1 Viewer)

daveJOS

Auditioning
Hello all,

I just joined this forum...look forward to some help!!!
I live in an apartment, 13X15, the right side is partially open to a kitchen, left side has a patio door and two large windows.

I am looking for an entry level system. I have narrowed down my recievers to the Pioneer 1014, and the Yamaha 5760.

For speakers I was looking for the polk speaker packagaes. The RM 6800, RM 6900, and the RM 7200....I have also looked at the Kipsch Quintet.
All speakers will have to be on stands (except the center which will be on top of the tv)because the room is small. The front speakers will have to be at most 1 foot away from the tv.

The system is going to be used for movies and tv...and hardly ever for music. I watch all kinds of movies...action, scifi, drama, comedy. I would like the sound to be loud and clear...I do want the big explosions to sound great but I also want to be able to hear the dialog!!

I was wondering which reciever would go better with those speakers, and which speakers are better. I have heard the klipsch and the 6800 but both were at different stores using different recievers in different kinds of room. I can't seem to find the 7200's anywhere but on the internet, and I can get them for roughly the same price as the 6800's. I'm looking for a 7.1 reciever because I may expand to that in a year or two. And I'm looking to spend around 1200 total. What would you guys recommend???? Are the speakers I've looked at any good??? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!!!!

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks