What's new

Need Help! (1 Viewer)

terence

Supporting Actor
I have $1,000-$1,500 to spend on a projector, i have a dedicated room that is always dark. I like DLP but i'm open minded to LCD if the screen door is not too present. I'm new to projectors trying get rid of my 61" RCA anolog i got back in 9-01. SO experts let me have it you can click on my HT link to see the room. I never knew it was so many damn projectors to choose from, and they change like every 5 min!

HELP PLEASE?!

terence

Supporting Actor
Funny you would say that because i'm looking @ these 3 now.

InFocus ScreenPlay 4805

Optoma H30 Projector

HP VP6120

http://www.pcrush.com/imax.asp?i=75219

A friend has the HP and i must say it's has a nice picture, Finding Nemo looked outstanding. What do you think btween the 3?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Ultimately it comes down to your needs. My choosing the 4805 came down to price, native 16:9 and DVI connection. The 4x color wheel doesn't hurt either. I can't comment on the other products as I have not seen them in action, but I have heard good things about the Optoma. I assume you've been to projectorcentral.com for all your projector research?

terence

Supporting Actor

You are correct sir! i thank you for your input as well.

Can you tell me your impressions on the 4805?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I made my own. Built a frame out of 1.5" MDF and attached a sheet of Sintra to it. Sintra is a semi-rigid PVC sign material available at any professional sign shop. It cost me about 35.00 for the sheet sized for a 73" 16:9 screen. I went with Sintra because it can be cleaned with Windex, withstands moderate abuse, and can be painted should I ever want to experiment with colors. My screen set up is a little funky because I don't have any wall I can mount it to. So I bought a background support system for photography and have it hanging off that.

terence

Supporting Actor
And the winner is...............InFocus ScreenPlay 4805!

I will be going with this front PJ and a 80" 1.78 to 1 ratio High Contrast Grey screen from Carada. Thx again for all your help.

terence

Supporting Actor
I have a question if i were to use a COMPONENT VIDEO TO M1 ADPT LP540 640 C160 180.

Will i get a better picture than just using component video cable inputs on the 4805?

terence

Supporting Actor
Well it's been a while since checked in, but click on my HT link and you will see what me and the 4805/Carada combo have been up too!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks