What's new

Need Help (1 Viewer)

Kevin W

Auditioning
Looking for a replacement for the Kenwood HTB-205. I need more power.:) Price range is about $300 to $400. I've been looking at two systems recently. The Panasonic SC-HT900 700 watt and the Logitech Z-680. What are your opinions on using a PC home theater system for watching DVDs with a DVD player, not a computer. Also, what does "RMS" mean? I've read the system has about 500 watts RMS and a total peak power of 1000 watts. What does this mean? Basically, I'm looking for, preferably, a 5.1 surround HTIB with as much power as possible for the money. Also, I prefer having more power for the subwoofer and the center speaker than the other speakers, and a receiver that supports Dolby Digital, DTS, and Pro Logic II. What are your suggestions?

I recently just purchashed the Yamaha YHt 340 which is right in your price range. IN my opinion its a pretty powerful system you can check out my review at http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...iews/502399487
I've never heard a pc 5.1 system so i can't really help you in that area. The term RMS is used to tell the amount of watts a system puts out constantly. If a reciever gives you a peak rating than that means that would be what the reciever would put out only for a fraction of a second, for instance like during bass peaks.

Kevin W

Auditioning
Is the Panasonic SC-HT900 any good? (I'm wondering because it's on sale this week.):) Or should I wait and get something else?

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
All I can say is that if you can afford it, do yourself a favor and think outside the box! I used to own the Kenwood HTB-506 and thought it was great. I recently sold it and upgraded everything (see sig). I spent 3-4 times more money than what my HTB-506 cost me, but in my humblest of opinions it now sounds 10 times better and it was definitely worth the upgrade!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks