What's new

Need help with wiring setup... (1 Viewer)

Brandon Bowen

Auditioning
I am trying to get all of my wires right and need some help. I have the following items that I am trying to connect:

Sony KV-34XBR910 TV
Sony DA5ES receiver
XBOX
Gamecube
Computer (audio only)

Here's what I have come up with so far.

XBOX-Componet video and Optical audio into the "DVD/LD" spot on the receiver with a Componet out to the TV spot "HD 5".
Gamecube-RCA into the "Video 1" spot on the receiver with an S-Video (can RCA video be converted into S-video by the receiver or do I need to stay with an RCA out?) output to the TV in the "Video 1" spot.
Computer-Optical audio out into the "CD/SACD" spot on the receiver.

That's what I have been able to come up with. One thing that has got me confused is how do I get the coaxial signal of the cable to connect into the cable feed on the back of the receiver so that it can be used with the surround speakers?

I also need to know what type of speaker wire to get. I will more than likely be getting a 5.1 setup using the Klipsch SB series.

Thanks for all of the help.

Brandon.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
One thing that has got me confused is how do I get the coaxial signal of the cable to connect into the cable feed on the back of the receiver so that it can be used with the surround speakers?
If by “cable” you mean cable TV - you can’t. The cable TV feed has to go to an appropriate tuner – that being a VCR or a cable box (the latter is needed if you’re hoping to get a Dolby Digital audio feed for movies). The only tuner built-in to the receiver is for AM/FM radio.

As for speaker wire, 12 or 14ga. is generally preferred. If you plan to run in-wall to the rear speakers, you’ll need cable rated for in-wall installations.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks